Where is it based?
The Personnel Section for teachers in Catholic Maintained schools is based in Holywood. The Head of the Personnel Section is Ms Angela Armstrong.
What is the function of the Personnel Section?
The function of the Personnel Section is to support the Diocesan Education Offices for CCMS in relation to the employment of teachers.
What are the main responsibilities of the Personnel Section?
The Personnel Section has the following responsibilities in relation to the appointment of teachers:
- Ratification of appointments
- Vetting procedures for both teachers and volunteers
- Issuing Terms and Conditions of Employment and variations to contracts
- Attendance Management (providing advice, guidance and referrals)
- Administration of Professional Headship Qualification
- Provision of advice on personnel policies and procedures to Boards of Governors and principals
- Provision of information on the Certificate in Religious Education