CCMS provides a free, 24 hour counselling and employee assistance service to staff in our schools. The welfare service provides support for a wide range of issues including personal, family, workplace, relationships, financial, bereavement and alcohol/substance abuse. If you are in need of this service please contact INSPIRE (formally Carecall) on 0808 800 0002 or the website inspirewellbeing.org
The confidential service is provided by Inspire and the contact number for the service is:
0808 800 0002
Principals and Teachers may also contact their dedicated Human Resources Adviser in CCMS Lisburn (Tel: 028 92 013 014) for advice and support on workplace issues affecting their health and wellbeing.
The Human Resource and Education Advisers within CCMS aim to ensure that the health and wellbeing of teachers is identified as a strategic issue and to assist the Council in the formulation of health and wellbeing polices and the preparation of advice and guidance for schools.
The Senior Welfare Officer is Mr Brendan Hardy.
Among his responsibilities are:
- To formulate new and review existing policies;
- To advise the Council, governors, principals and teachers on the development and
- management of health and wellbeing policies;
- To conduct research in areas of concern in the health and wellbeing fields;
- To develop and maintain appropriate specialist knowledge, networks and partnerships
- with relevant bodies; and
- To provide guidance and support to schools which experience crises.